The OSL respects each individual’s right to personal privacy. The OSL will collect and use information through our website only in the ways disclosed in this statement. This statement applies solely to information collected on the OSL website.
Part I. Information Collection
The OSL collects the following information from registered individuals through their website:
- Name, OSA registration number, date of birth, team and club of players
- Name, OSA registration number, contact information, team and club of coaches and team administrators
- Name, contact information, and club of club directors and administrators
- Name and contact information of league directors and administrators
The OSL collect the following general, demographic data that is not personally identifiable information:
- OSL website usage statistics
- Browser type statistics
The OSL collect this demographic data in order to help them improve the service to the users and members of the OSL.
The following information about registered users may be entered into the OSL database by third parties or other registered members:
- goals scored
- disciplinary issues such as cards and suspensions
The OSL collect this information through online roster forms, automatic logging files, game result forms, and referee report and special incident forms.
Roster forms are completed by a coach or team administrator and are used to collect information about the player for the efficient and cost effective operation of the OSL.
Automatic logging files are used to track server and webpage usage, as well as additional information such as browser type. This information is collected automatically when a user accesses the OSL website.
Information related to a player, but not entered by them, such as goals scored, shutouts, and disciplinary issues are collected by coaches, team administrators and referees through online game and referee reports as part of the OSL league management system. This information is required to operate the OSL.
Banner advertising appearing on our website does not collect any information.
Part II. Information Usage.
Information gathered through the OSL website is used for the sole purpose of league operations which includes
- registering players, coaches and administrators with the OSL
- league statistics such as goal scorers and shutouts
- discipline statistics such as suspensions
- an improved user experience by helping to improve the design of the site to better match website usage trends.
The OSL offer links to other websites. When clicking on links to other websites, we encourage you to read their privacy policies. Their standards may differ from the OSL’s.
The OSL will notify you with a posting on the OSL homepage if the policy on information collection or uses changes.
Part III. Restricting Public Information
A player’s name and team is published on the OSL website in a public forum to indicate goals scored, shutouts and discipline.
Any player may request that his name be withheld from public view by writing to the OSL and requesting such action. All requests must be signed by the individual.
A player’s name that is withheld from public view can still be seen by the following registered users:
- The player’s team members, coach and team administrators
- The coach and team administrators from other teams in the player’s age group
- The player’s club directors and administrators
- The league directors and administrators
Part IV. Access to Information
The OSL ask the registered user to verify the accuracy of entered information by providing a confirmation page before data is posted to the database.
Users may access their own personal information by viewing their profile online and contact the OSL about inaccuracies they may find. In some instances they may correct the information.
Part V. Problem Resolution
If problems arise, users may contact the OSL by email, phone or post.
Part VI. Data Storage and Security
The OSL website uses a league management system provided by E2E Soccer. As such, information is stored and transmitted by servers owned by E2E Soccer. E2E Soccer is solely an agent of storage, transmission and processing of the OSL’s database information. They will not sell, share or otherwise disclose any of the OSL database information except to third parties specified by the OSL through the policies listed above.
OSL protects user information by storage on firewall protected servers with secure databases.